Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 6.0 and MetaTagger 3.6
sunil_j
Hi,
I have installed TeamSite 6.0 and MetaTagger 3.6. TeamSite 6.0 comes with a
TAG
Menu item, thats shows the Tagger GUI. I installed and configured MetaTagger 3.6 to work with TeamSite by making the entries in the iw.cfg (identifying the host and port of MetaTagger).
After restarting the Metatagger Server and reseting the TeamSite server when I try tagging html files using the TAG menu item, it doesn't makes use of MetaTagger Server.
Do let me know what else I need to do to make use of Metatagger in the Tagger GUI?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If memory serves correctly - you need to do some configuration to some files in IWHOME/local/config in order for MetaTagger to be used - it's not just a matter of setting something in the iw.cfg file.
You may have already done this - but it's difficult to tell from your post.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sunil_j
Hi,
I have not done any configuration changes under /loca/config to any file.
Do let me know what changes needs to be done and where to enable Tagger GUI to use MetaTagger?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
gzevin
RTFM?
)
one needs to add metatagger's produced items into datacapture.cfg.
page 24 of the MT admin guide
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
sunil_j
Hi Greg,
The items have been added to the datacapture.cfg and are being reflected on the Tagger GUI. All I want is that these items should be populated by the Metatagger Engine.
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
gzevin
Sunil,
this should do the trick. I'd call support at this stage
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
there must be common items listed in both metatagger.cfg and datacapture.cfg for auto-tag feature to kick in. For example, default MT36 install will give you "locations" item in metatagger.cfg. If you have "locations" item in datacapture.cfg, this item will be MT enabled. Once you have some common items in both configs, restart TS servletd.
sunil_j
Does TeamSite 6.0 supports Metatagger 3.6 OOTB ? Initially for configuring metatagger 3.5 with teamsite 5.5.2 I use to point the "Set Metadata" to mtmetaproxy.cgi instead of iwsetmetadata.cgi, but now with the Tagger GUI coming in place which I suppose is not making use of the cgi but instead of JSPs, what changes should I do to configure the Tagger GUI to invoke Metatagger ?
Common elements are present both in the datacapture.cfg and metatagger.cfg file.
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Migrateduser
You should not need to add a custom_menu_item in iw.cfg pointing to iwmetadata.cgi (or mtmetaproxy.cgi -- the two files are equal for TS6.0) for the standard interfaces cc, ccpro. If memory serves, you would need the custom_menu_item entry only if the older webdeskpro interface is used. So once your TS iw.cfg has a [iwmetatagger] chunk pointing to the MT3.6 host, and the MT3.6 host has been configured to generate metadata for specific categories (e.g. "locations" is an OOTB MT example category that could be added as an item in datacapture.cfg) that are present as items in TS datacpature.cfg, and the TS Servlet engine bounced if any of this was done "live", it should work.