Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite Internet Connectivity
System
Hi all,
I am using Teamsite installed on my clients machine and we will be provided static ip (as there is fiirewall) to connect to his machine through internet connectivity. and all the client softwares as to edit the files will be on our local machine.
do tell me if there is any third party software is required for the connectivity or if there is some special tool from interwoven itself to enable this connectivity or its just the simple way without requiring any of the thrid party softwares.
cheers,
Rahul Juneja
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Remote connectivity doesn't require anything special. But I'd recommend using some form of VPN to restrict access.
What you seem to be planning is to restrict access via firewall. But data transmitted this way is still clear, and in my view not sufficiently secure. Using a VPN will allow encryption of data. I've used CIPE, and Cisco's VPN with TeamSite and was pleased wthe results.
When I used CIPE it required static IPs for the VPN configuration of each VPN server host. One CIPE server was required per LAN. CIPE is free. Cisco doesn't require this soi it may be more simple to implement.