Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Set Visible on Complete Replicant Field
pawanjit
I am using the following code to hide my replicant (Test Info). This replicant has 10 fields under it. The idea is to hide the complete replicant.
The code is not working, what may be wrong?
var sc = IWDatacapture.getItem("/Test Info");
sc.setVisible(false);
IWDatacapture.redraw();
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I seem to recall other threads on this subject (have you searched the forums?)
I believe the answer was that you needed to put a container around the replicant and set the visibility on the container, not the replicant - but I could be wrong - hence I suggest you search through this forum for similar threads.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Johnny
I was lead to believe that templating will be supported as is.
We were told that all our existing templates would work as is.
What has happened here?
Wouldnt adding the container change the dct structure, affecting the whole template type??
Im a little confused
John Cuiuli
Adam Stoller
If you're using datacapture5.0.dtd - replicant's still exist and it will behave as it does now (which is that you have to have a container surrounding the replicant in order to hide the entire replicant - unless that was fixed in 5.5.2 after SP2b ?)
If you're using datacapture6.0.dtd - replicant's no longer exist as elements - instead you can specify min/max values on containers and even on individual items.
So - yes - your templates should work as-is - but if you want to take advantage of new features/functionality then they need to be updated.
Adding a container will change the DCT structure and PTs and any other code used to parse the DCR structure would have to be changed accordingly.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Johnny
Thanks for your info fish.
Ive understood all that to be correct, but I am seeing something different here.
in 5.5.2 SP4 I have been using datacapture5.0.dtd along with some form api to show/hide a replicant.
It all works fine in 5.5.52, however under 6.0L / 6.1 the javascript bombs out.
the getItem command returns null.
I can definately see there is a difference between the two versions, I've just tested them again.
I guess now i need to find out whether this is to be expect or if this is something IWOV can fix. I only say this because it's been understood that all existing templates would work as is.
Im confused now.
Ive attached the datacapture.cfg that I used to test between the versions.
John Cuiuli
Johnny
I'm going to see what support has to say about this
John Cuiuli
navneet
We just upgraded to TS6.0 and it fails there while the container with replicants works fine on TS 552.
I am seeing the same behavior. I have a replicant within a container and no matter what I do, I cannot hide the highest level container min=1, max=1. Here is what I tried:
- Flipping between datacapture6.0.dtd and datacapture5.0.dtd
- Simple container (single instance) with single item.
It seems like the setVisible for containers is not working for either DTD.
Any comments on successful implementation on hiding containers would be apprecaited. Sample code would be really helpful so that I can test it out to see we are configured right.
Edited by navneet on 03/31/04 11:17 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
This is indeed a regression from 5.5.2. I have filed bug 52641, and I suggest the you follow up with support in regards to it's impact and delivery date.
Thanks,
Kerry Kartchner
______________________
Kerry Kartchner
Interwoven, Inc.
sqlerrorlog.txt
Johnny
Thanks for the update Kerry.
I opened a case with support yesterday.
I havent heard from them yet, will chase up today.
John Cuiuli
Michael
Hi Johnny
I have just run into this same bug. Did you manage to get a resolution/workaround from support? Was a patch made available?
Thanks for your help
Cheers
Michael
koteshb
I removed all the inside containers and merged all the container items into a big top container and hiding individual items depending on the user selection.
This works fine.
But, If possible I want to use containers. If I have multple containers, I still can't hide individual containers depending on the user selection.
Let me know if anybody found any solution.
Thanks