Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
HostMACid Vs Physical Adress
sunil_j
Hi,
I am interested in understanding the differnce between the
Physical Address
shown when we execute the ipconfig/all command and the
HostMACId
shown by the mtlicenseinfo CLT?
On my windows 2000 Server, the
HostMACId
changes everytime I restart my computer and as such the Metatagger throws an Invalid License error .. whereas the
PhysicalAdress
remains the same. When I gererate the License using the Phyical Address, the license remains invalid since the mtlicenseinfo shows a different HostMACId.
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Does your server have multiple NICs? If so - the order in which they are initialized could be playing havoc with the licensing (which I believe pulls information from the NIC in order to derive the MacID).
I think there's a setting you can put somewhere to resolve this, but I dealt with this only once, and it was close to a year ago (and I no longer have access to the machine on which I did it)... sorry.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sunil_j
Hi,
No, the machine on which I am working has only a single NIC card.
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Migrateduser
The iwov windows hostmacid comes from Microsoft Netbios, grabbing the first non-zero active macid from the list provided by Netbios. mtlicensinfo should show a hostmacid that agrees with ipconifg /all (or at least one of the ones listed). I do not know the way to insure on an MT Host that the "real" active network interface is chosen if there is a choice.
Adam Stoller
Do you have a loopback adapter configured?
I seem to recall that there were times when that sometimes caused problems with getting a static macid
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sunil_j
How do one check that ?
Regards
Sunil
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Adam Stoller
I think you can tell by doing an: ipconfig /all
but I don't remember for sure.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com