Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can DataDeploy deploy from one database to another
rbuelling
Hi,
Can DataDeploy be used to deploy data from one database to another across a firewall? We would like to configure a one-way data deployment: database A would be the source and all changes that are made to that database should be updated in database B (behind a firewall) any time DataDeploy is run. Is that possible?
Thanks.
Ralph
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
Possible? Yes
Recommended? No
I believe the way this is accomplished with DataDeploy (was true in earlier versions, haven't played with DD in awhile) is something like:
Source: DD runs DB->XML
OD deploy XML source->target
Target: DD runs XML->DB
I think this can be done transactionally.
The reason its not recommended is the number of failure points. I believe most DB vendors offer replication software, and that's usually a better choice for this, IMHO.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
Agreed, it's usually better to use database tools for moving content between databases.
The DD 5.6 Admin Guide (April 2003 edition), page 20, provides a matrix of supported DD use cases.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
image.png
rbuelling
Jonathon, Todd,
Thanks for your help, it is very appreciated. I will look into database replication software.
Ralph