Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 6.0 File Browser
ThrogMI
Now we have retrained our user base on TeamSite 6.0 we have noticed a strange feature when using File Browser.
Some users (not all) can only see a limited number of files - either 20 or 25 - rather than the entire directory contents. Obviously this is rather frustrating, as if the file they want to link to is at the bottom of the list, it isn't visible. Further, we have one user who sees the list of files in reverse alphabetical order. I've tried, but I can't replicate this myself.
Have these users done something to trigger this behaviour, or is this a bug?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The second part if fairly easy (I think). The list of files can be sorted in multiple ways by clicking on the column header. The system then remembers -- for each user -- how they last sorted their files. This user probably clicked on the "Name" link at the top of the list. Clicking on it again should sort the files in the opposite (forward) order.
I'm not positive about the first part. Perhaps you are just seeing the first page of files. At the bottom of the list, is there a footer that indicates "Page 1 of n" and a link that says "All"? If so, click on All or the right arrow to see the other files. "All" will turn off the paging, but then the response is slower if there are a lot of files in a directory.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
btyler
I'm having the same issue and the answer to your question about is there a "show all" option or options to page is no. Is there some configuration setting we need to change or is this a bug?
Migrateduser
I wouldn't conclude that this is a bug without fully understanding the problem. Could you please describe the exact context in which you are seeing this list of files (i.e., what actions you took). Ideally, could you send me a screen shot of the page with this problem.
Thank you.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Michael
Hi
We have come across the same problem on 6.0 + jumbo patch on W2K. The problem relates to using the standard browser item in your DCT
example
<item name="location">
<label>Attachment location</label>
<browser maxlength="250" initial-dir="/attachments" ceiling-dir="/attachments" size="80" />
</item>
The dialog which is displayed does not list more than 25 files (for some users)
If you are keen to reproduce the problem here are some steps that will do it:
1) create a new user which has never logged on to TeamSite
2) login to CC Standard - any role
3) open any form which has a file browser and browse to a directory which contains more than 25 files
4) notice that you can only see 25 files
If you want to correct the problem for this user (this isn't really a fix, more of a work-around)
5) logout of CC Standard
6) login to CC Pro
7) make sure you are on the Content tab
8) click Show: All link in the bottom right hand corner
9) logout of CC Pro
10) login to CC Standard
11) open same form and browse to same directory
12) notice that you can now see all files
For some reason it appears to use the preference you set in CC Pro to choose files to list in the browse.
I am working with support to see if there is any fix for this -- if I find out anything I will put it up. I would be interested in hearing if anyone on later versions is able to reproduce this bug.
Anyhoo, I hope this may be of help to someone if they come across the same situation.
Cheers, Michael