Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IWDatacapture.callServer, dcr path, path_0
lazybee26
Hello All :
I'm in the middle of writing a cgi that will unlock a .dcr file on dcr "close" event. So....here's my plan
1. Capture onClose event, when user clicks "close" on the dcr file
2. Use IWDCRInfo.getDCRName() to get the dcr name
3. call a .cgi file using IWDatacapture.callServer
4. The cgi will unlock the dcr file that user just closed
Problem
- How do I figure out the complete path of the dcr file?
I tried path_0.....But path_0 is not available in form data when a cgi is called using IWDatacapture.callServer.
I mean I can totally get the path to a dcr file, if I use a cgi callout button on the dcr file itself. But the same value is not available, when a cgi is called through formapi. I think it's because IWDatacapture.callServer doesn't "post" all existing formdata by default.
Anyways, any suggestions would help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
well i know that
parent.gWorkarea
will give you the workarea context
but you'll still need the category/data type to complete the path.
Im sure there are some variables lying around somewhere with these if you need a generic script.
Hopefully someone can shed some light on those.
John Cuiuli
AddressUrgent.zip
15463.pdf
lazybee26
Thanks Johnny.
For categor/datatype, it's parent.gTDT...I searched the forums and found these values (including what you suggested).
But is this recommended? What if the variable names change or something in the next teamsite version?
I guess I should as the support folks if it's valid to use these variables huh ?
Thanks
A