Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwsubmit to workflow ?
nipper
Is there an easy way to programmatically start a WF ? I had been using submit direct from my perl scripts, but now the users want this to go through the approval process. I assume I would have to pre-load comments for the CGI request.
Tips/pointser/RTFMs appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You can create an XML job spec programmatically and then use iwjobc -i to create a job.
There is a new CLT iwwft_compile.ipl in the latest versions of TeamSite (6.0 and possibly 5.5.2 SP4, but I'm not sure) that can create a job from a WFT. Without that, it isn't terribly easy to create a job from a WFT. You have to simulate the correct CGI environment.
I think you'll find lots of discussion about this topic earlier in this forum. Try Search.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Johnny
I dont think nipper is a fan of iwwft_compile.ipl
John Cuiuli
nipper
very perceptive for an aussie. :-)
I tried that a few months ago, to see if I could get my nested WF to start automatically. Does not work in all cases. I may write a new (simplified) WF for this, so maybe I will try (again). One of my favorite replies from support: oh, it must be a documentation bug.
Does seem to work, but I do not have master rights, so I cannot kick off a WF :-(
Andy
Interactive Form.pdf
Migrateduser
That restriction has nothing to do with iwwft_compile.ipl. Only a master can create a job from the command line, for security reasons. If you write your own tool you will encounter the same restriction unless you do some impersonation.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer