Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Vis Format browse button not working
nipper
re post of this.
One user, when she uses the vis formatter to create a hyperlink, the browse button does not work. It just returns with nothing. I have checked IE settings (5.5, win 2K client) and the ektron site for config, it passed.
TS 552 SP3 on Solaris 2.8
Tips/pointers/RTFMs appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Does this happen to the same user regardless of which client machine they're logged onto?
Does it happen for other users who login on the same machine that the user with the problem used?
I.e. - are you sure it's not a client-specific issue?
- Different OS? (some things in VF won't work under Windows/XP)
- Different browser settings?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
input.txt
nipper
>Does this happen to the same user regardless of which
>client machine they're logged onto?
not ID dependant. I log in on her system, it fails. Works like a champ on my system.
>Does it happen for other users who login on the same
>machine that the user with the problem used?
I tried it, it ismachine specific
I.e. - are you sure it's not a client-specific issue?
no but..
- Different OS? (some things in VF won't work under Windows/XP)
2K IE 5.5 (will upgrade to 6 & see if that helps)
- Different browser settings?
Not that I can see, we did a netmeeting and compared settings, did not see anything, but then I am on 6.0
Andy
ela
Hi,
does she get the hyperlink popup at all when clicking the new hyperlink menu option? Is she using another template than other users? We had a problem when an item (in our case a checkbox item) was outside a replicant; nothing happened when clicking on "new hyperlink". As soon as the item was added inside the replicant, it worked.
Regards,
Eldbjoerg
LooseCannon
How are you calling the VF?
Some of my users experienced the same problem. I resolved it by changing my method of calling the VF:
Changing the format from:
<textarea rows="10" cols="75" wrap="virtual" required="f">
<callout type="cgi" label="Launch Visual Format"
url="/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/visual_format_callout.ipl/integrity.cfg" />
</textarea>
To:
<textarea external-editor-inline="f" external-editor="visualformat"
external-editor-config="integrity.xml" rows="10" cols="75" wrap="virtual"
required="f"/>
Resolved the problem.
nipper
Upgraded to IE 6, problem wnet away.
Don't know if it is related to IE6 or settings or what.
Andy
Fergus
We are experiencing the same thing with the new hyperlink button. You click on the button and you get a blank IE pop up box. This is the same for NT/IE 5.5 and XP/IE 6.
I have posted a case but any ideas as to why this has started to happen. I tried regressing to the original VF before I started changing. This gave the same result.