Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Folder Permissions
Bowker
Windows 2000
TS 5.5.2 (no SP [yet] )
I hate dealing with folder permissions within TS. Here's my dilema -
\www\ permissions does not include EVERYONE therefore only a select few of us can see the www folder in old editions. I know I can't change edition permissions, but how can I change the permission on /www/ without submitting all the modified files/folders below it?
I was thinking to creating a work area, getting latest, updating the permission on www, verifying the submit.cfg is correct and submit www. Will that mess up the modified files in the other workareas so that submitting them will result in "this file is not based upon the same version currently in staging" errors?
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
"Will that mess up the modified files in the other workareas so that submitting them will result in "this file is not based upon the same version currently in staging" errors?"
It should, =].