Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
cci url teamsite 6.0
Trey
I am having a heck of a time getting a workflow that I had working under 5.5.2. I was using a direct link to the iw_instantiator.cgi to start a workflow that will delete dcr a job. Well the iw_instantiator.cgi seems to want new parameters in this version. I tried the new job cci url instead and the workarea and files that I am sending via this call are not getting to the workflow. It almost looks to me like when calling my cci url with the parameters required the vpath is not getting passed to the instantiator.
Here is an example of a url that I using to start the job:
http://myserver.com/iw-cc/newjob?iw_which_ui=ccpro?vpath=\default\main\HRJobs\WORKAREA\Postings\templatedata\HR\JobPosting\data\0019_2003-12-09-11-57-46-709.dcr?iw_template_file=wfb/HRJP_AuthorSubmitDelete.wft
any body else run into this?
Trey Wentz
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.
e-mail:
trey.wentz@ferguson.com
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Your URL is encoded incorrectly. Try changing all of the question marks, except the first, to ampersands.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Trey
OMG. I feel sooo dumb. It works like a charm! I do have one question though. When I encode correctly. and it runs though the workflow it jumps me back to the ccpro interface. Is there anyway to automajically close that window? I am calling the url through a custom jsp page and don't want the user to see ccpro in this case.
Trey Wentz
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.
e-mail:
trey.wentz@ferguson.com
Migrateduser
I wish all of our users' problems could be resolved so easily!
At present, there is no easy, supported way to close the window once the job has started. You could have the workflow start a CGI task that tries to close the window, but normally it would do the same thing for jobs started within the standard UI. (You could hack around this.)
The public URLs in 6.0 are more like convenient entry points into the UI, rather than URL-addressable tasks. (By contrast, there is no way to enter WebDesk Pro other than through the login page.) There isn't anything you can do from these URLs that you can't do from the standard UIs. (Except one.) This was a deliberate design decision that was intended to make the UI experience more predictable and reliable. Many of these operations send the user to a page that gives some kind of confirmation that the operation has been completed.
In a future release, the public URL may have an additional option to specify what happens after the task has been completed.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer