Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
A catch-22
Bowker
Win2k
TS 5.5.2
I have a small issue that's very annoying - does anyone have a solution to...
I have a group defined within Active Directory called WEB-ITG. It is the "master" group of users. Within our workflows WEB-ITG is included on the grouptask for editors. There are 6 names in that group.
Since every workflow running has WEB-ITG defined when the job started, all 6 user IDs are (apparently) stored in the workflow. One of the 6 people in the group is no longer on our team, so I removed him. That removed his access to the content within TeamSite. However, all the existing workflows still have his ID as a possible Editor and unless that ID is in the WEB-ITG group the workflow fails. I want to pull him out of the group, but can't.
Any ideas?
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
I'm not sure I understand your situation, but I think I can offer a few suggestions:
1. For each instantiated group task, add the 5 users, and remove the group.
2. For each instantiated group task, add yourself, remove the group, add the group, remove yourself.
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
In your editor group tasks, does the "shared by" specify group WEB-IGT, or does it explicitly list the 6 users?
If the group is specified, there shouldn't be any problem when users join or leave the group (provided that new members have TeamSite roles), except for group tasks that are already active and "taken". A group task that has been taken will act very much like a user task.
If an explicit list has been specified (probably by the WFT at job creation time), then there is no longer any explicit relationship to the WEB-IGT group. You will need to explicitly remove that user from each task.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Bowker
James -
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Dan
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology