Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metatagger question
Annad
Hi,
I am trying to bring up the metatagger( in a cgi task) after another cgi task which is the first task in the workflow.
The cgi script that gets executed in the first cgi task makes a decision based on the attached files and calls back to either the next cgi task which is a metatagger task, or end task.
My problem is that when the program decides to go to the metatagger task, the current window is not being used. Rather, the task sits on the task list and the user needs to start the task in order to bring up the metatagger.
I thought that since the first task is a cgi task, and it has a window open for it, the metatagger cgi task would also use the same window.
Any idea on how to bring up the metatagger on the same window and not let the task to go to the task list.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Is the second (MetaTagger) CGI task marked as immediate="t", and is the owner the same as the first CGI task?
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Annad
Yes.
The first and the second cgi tasks are marked a immediate="t" and both are owned by the same user.
Migrateduser
Additional questions: Is the transition directly from one CGI task to the other? How does the first task perform its callback? (What method is used?) Which version of TeamSite are you using?
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Annad
Yes. It is from one cgi task to the other.
The first cgi task calls the CallBack() method on the task.
For example:
$task->CallBack(0, "DCRs approved for submit.");
I am using TS 5.5.2
Thanks.
Annad
Thanks for your time.
But I've figured out the way to get it working.
I referred to an old post that was on devnet.
I had to use the cgi callback method and not the task's Callback mehtod.
Anyway, I got it working.
Thanks.
Migrateduser
I'm glad you got your task to work.
For the benefit of other readers, the method TeamSite::WFtask::CallBack (
Perldoc
) signals that the task has been completed and indicates whether or not another, immediate CGI task has just been activated. But it does not show the new task. Your CGI need to check for this result, and show the new CGI when appropriate.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Adam Stoller
For the further benefit of others - instead of using TeamSite::WFtask::Callback(index-number, message) use TeamSite::CGI_lite::iwcallback(successorset-description, message) when trying to chain back-to-back cgitask's that are (a) owned by the same user and where (b) at least the second in the chain is marked with immediate="t"
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
But -- for the yet further benefit of readers -- do not use TeamSite::CGI_lite::iwcallback in the 6.0 release of ContentCenter. It is not working. (Bug 50304.)
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer