Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
<textarea> default length
System
Does anyone know how many characters can be stored in a <textarea> element within a DCR? I would imagine it is a large number but I need to know what number it is. I have a DCR that won't display and I think it is because I have too many characters in my <textarea>. Finally, is there a way to increase the number of characters allowed?
David M. Doggette
President
2HB Software Designs, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I think it is browser-dependent. Old IE used to have a 32k data limitation. Check with the new IEs
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
shanon
it is browser dependent... if you're using IE, you're safe up to 32K on Windows / X-Win / and Mac....
If you're going over 32k, maybe try splitting up your text areas into smaller, more specific ones?
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com