Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual Format hyperlink
olivierb
Hi
Every time I type a url in Visual Format like
www.domain.com
a hyperlink appears automaticly. How can I disable this ? I just want
www.domain.com
to be considered as a simple text with no automatic insertion of href tags...
Thanks
Olivier
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
shanon
Well, this is just a guess, but ...
1. Change the view in VF from the WYSIWYG to the straight HTML... there's a button on the toolbar that can do this.
2. Type in the URL at the appropriate spot... since you're typing straight text, it shouldn't interpret it as HTML... then save it or flip it back to WYSIWYG...
??
Oh... also, you can try the MS Word way...
1. Type in the URL and hit enter.
2. When it becomes a hyperlink, hit Alt-Z ( Undo ). In MS Word, the "AutoComplete" functionality is what makes it a hyperlink. The Alt-Z undo's the autocomplete, leaving it as plain text...
Let me know if either of these things worked... if not, there may be a configuration option to interpret hyperlinks... i'd check the vf docs.
HTH,
Shanon
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com
olivierb
Hi shanon
The solution 2 is working, but what I would like is something without user intervention, I would like to disable completely this.
Thanks
Olivier