Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WEB interface performance
norrgrenp
hello there,
I have a call logged with support for performance problem with the web interface.
I use 3.0.1.32 and knowledge spaces. AppServer is a large SUN server and database is Oracle 8i.
In one sub category I have nearly 5000 documents and it takes a minute to come back with the directory listing, even though there are only some 25 documents listed. The time it takes is liniar to the amount of documents in the directory.
When pressing the more button, it takes another minute to get the max rows in record set (I have this set to 100) displayed.
I have looked at the Oracle trace and the web program seems to be doing something strange. It does 4 selects all in all, with the final query being the one that takes the time. This final query is a select and supplies a random list of 100 document ids to be fetched. The way the query is built seems to force Oracle to scan tables, once per each number supplied in the query and this seems to be what is causing the time delay.
Any one seen/done anything to get better performance in knowledge space with many documents?
thanks and regards
-per
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you talking about a problem with the TeamSite UI taking time to show files in a directory, or with your end-user side web server / app server taking a long time to show files in a directory?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
norrgrenp
hello there,
we use the WorkSite Server MP with the WorkDocs MP web interface where we are using Knowledge Spaces.
regards
-per
Adam Stoller
Ooops - I forgot which forum this was in - I have *no* experience with these products - sorry.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com