Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy posting to SQL Server 2000 Help
Fracky
I need some help in setting up DataDeploy. I want to create a data capture record, and have the data pushed to my SQL 2000 database based on a user-defined database schema. When writing the data from Teamsite to SQL Server 2000, I want
- new records to be INSERTED
- old records to be DELETED
- modified records to be UPDATED (not DELETED then re-INSERTED)
I have the following:
1. SQL Server 2000 database
a) tblArticle with one text field (char(10)) and one foreign key call ArticleType (char(10))
b) tblArticleType, containing primary key ArticleType (char)10))
2. templating.cfg
- at /area/templatedata/data_category/data_type/templating.cfg
- fields "Title" and "ArticleType", both defined as char(10)
3. dbschema.cfg
- I generated the dbschema.cfg at /area/templatedata/data_category/data_type/dbschema.cfg by using the iwsynchdb.ipl command, and it looks fine
Can someone please walk me through (with detailed instructions) of what is to be done next? I am having a difficult time in deciphering the datadeploy user manual (eg mentions requiring modifications to ddcfg_uds.template, but difficult to understand how). If someone can give me the step-by-step instructions on what to configure next (and how to do it), it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any PERL examples to tie it all together from a workflow would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What version of the DD manual are you using? What version of DD are you using? I am not sure if it will help you much or not, but the manual was updated pretty significantly for 5.6. You might want to check it out.
If you have access to support, the link is:
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/datadeploy/datadeploy.asp
Regards,
lissa
Fracky
We are using DataDeploy 5.5.2, and the 5.5.2 manual.
Migrateduser
Set real-update="yes" if you do not want del+insert for updates. Refer to the manual for more information
Migrateduser
Presumably you have TS 5.5.2. If you can, you should upgrade to DD 5.6 with latest SP and patch. And get the new manual too.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com