Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unable to view the image in VFE
megamala
I am newbie to VFE . When I insert a picture in VFE, I am unable to view the image. Do I need any configuration for that.
MM Guptha
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
check its full path. It should go right from /default to work
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
BOL.zip
megamala
I tried with /default/main/****/WORKAREA/workareaname/xx/****/dd.gif , but no luck.
MM Guptha
megamala
I am using IE6.0. sp1, I read some where it only works with IE 5.x . Is any one able to view the pictures with IE 6
MM Guptha
MM Guptha
ela
Hi,
I think it sounds strange that IE6 won't show the picture, but then we are on IE5.5, so I can't really tell. I remember we couldn't see the picture if the we added some extra info in one of the image input fields. I can't remember which field it was, but at least we didn't need it, so we disabled/removed it. Does it happen when you just add the picture without adding any extra attributes?
Adam Stoller
What OS?
I seem to recall that VFE has some issues with running on Windows/XP - and perhaps it's that and not the version of IE you are using that is causing the problem?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
megamala
server
TS 5.0.1 Solaris 7
Client
Windows 2000 IE 6.0 SP1
MM Guptha
Adam Stoller
Do you have the Ektron (VFE) patches applied?
Check with Support - there was a problem with several IE patches that conflicted with the OOTB VFE - and perhaps that's what's hitting you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
megamala
I applied MS Security patches (KB: 49345), still I am unable to view the pictures.
MM Guptha
megamala
I got the Solution.
To view the images(VFE) in IE 6.0, I did the following steps.
The user can change the default privacy settings in IE6 to workaround the problem. This is what the user has to do:
Run Internet Explorer.
1. Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
2. Click the Privacy tab, and then click Advanced.
3. Click to select the Override automatic cookie handling check box.
4. Click to select the Always allow session cookies check box.
TIA
MM Guptha
XMLIN.JPG