Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
BEA SPI Interface
brent1
Does anyone know if Interwoven is planning to provide an SPI Class to allow BEA's Weblogic 8.1 Portal Content Management to work with TeamSite content directly?
Brent
Beckman Coulter Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Brent.
We have had discussions with customers around this and an SPI class is not the best approach to creating and managing content in teamsite.
Our TeamPortal for BEA provides that functionality and via a SOAP/webservices interface.
I would be happy to discuss this in detail. Drop me an email at
paul.loeffler@interwoven.com
. I can also point you to a recording of a webinar that we did a month ago on this topic.
Regards,
Paul
Denis
BEA Weblogic 8.1 is providing the SPI to connect to Teamsite. The only documentation available is the javadoc of Portal Weblogic 8.1 including the Interwoven SPI.
studus2000
Where is any document availble for interwoven TS5.5.2 or TS6.0 to connect with BEA Rep SPI or interwoven SPI?
How to use TS5.2 metadata in bea 8.1 repository?
DO IWON has any SPI for BEA which can convert metadata (IWON TS metadata) to bea format?
Thanks,
Migrateduser
You might want to check out the webcast we did on BEA Integration. I don't think it covers this specific question though.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/webcasts/docs/webcast-recordings.html#webcast-27
lissa
studus2000
I already have that webcast seen. Main question is how IWON *.pdf file (which has metadata) stored in DB can be uploaded to BEA81? Does IWON has some SPI provided?
Or BulkLoader (BEA) can get this information.
lange
What is the fq classpath to that SPI implementation?
We are going to use TeamSite together with BEA Portal - but so far I have managed to find no specific "guides" on how it is done. I would prefer a read only SPI implementation (since we plan on keep using TeamSite for editing). I would rather not get into implementing the SPI myself - but as I said - so far no luck in finding an implementation from neither BEA nor Interwoven.
I've looked over the slides from Interwoven on integrating with BEA Portal. Using the bulkloader en deploying to the internal repository I don't think is feasible for a production system. And bypassing the Portal content system would cut out far to much useful functionality. So that leave me with the SPI implementation...
Anyone with concrete expiriences on making this work???
stevek
Paul,
I am also looking at the possibility of using a non BEA repository in a WLP 8.1 solution.
If Teamsite content is maintained using the TeamPortal portlets, then how is the Teamsite repository made accessible to weblogic placeholder/content selector tags?
The name of the content repository is defined as part of the definition of placeholders/content selectors (eg BEA Repository/image), but the content will not be in the embedded default BEA repository, but will be in the Teamsite repository.
Or is the idea that content is maintained in Teamsite via the TeamPortal stuff, but still needs to get replicated to the BEA repository via the Bulkloader facility?
Steve
nithinbose
Hi All,
We have had discussions with BEA on the same topic. BEA Portal 8.1 does NOT provide an SPI implementation for TeamSite.
We have been managing content in TS and using DataDeploy 5.6 to deploy to the BEA portal "document" tables till portal 7.0, but now intend to move to SPI approach.
The three options available are:
1. Use of OpenDeploy and Bulk Loader combination - probably not a good solution, in my opinion, if real-time content updates are required. Error handling also can be difficult due to the many intermediate steps involved.
2. Use of BEA SPI interface - Better control and Easier implementation, especially if only the portal only READS the content.
3. Webservices approach - Good approach, but has performance implications on the portal due to dependence on IW
Thanks,
Nithin