Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Suuporting just date or date and time
supergana
I have a bunch of date fields in my DCT. The users should be able to put in just the date part of it (MM/dd/yyyy) or date and time (MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss). There is a need for latter but it is not very common. So if I stick to the format of just date then I deny that feature to the authors. On the flipside if I expect the authors to always enter the time part of it, that is not user friendly. I have handled this in the data entry part of it by giving a suitable validationregex. But when it comes to data deploy format it throws an SQLException if time part is not entered. Is there an elegant way to handle this (both formats)?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
You can modify the tuples using <substitution> in DataDeploy configuration.
I don't have any examples handy, but I am sure you can find an example in DataDeploy Admin Guide. Look for <substitution> - not to confuse this with Parameter Substitution which is different.
What version of DataDeploy are you using ?
supergana
I'm using data deploy version 5.6 SP1