Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using Visual Perl from ActiveState with TeamSite
whysguy
Does anyone have experience using Visual Perl from ActiveState for developing solutions for a TeamSite environment? I am wondering if it can use Interwoven's version of Perl for debugging, etc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
well, the nature of TeamSite applications is such that any visual debugging can hardly be done...or be heplful at least ...
You might try to use it for teamplating, though (and even in this case I can't see much of vlue).
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
if you want visual debugging, all you have to do is
iwperl -d
tkdb scriptname.pl
With 4.x and 5.x this worked really well. I'm seeing some odd behaviour in 6.x, which I have yet to figure out (haven't really put much time into it though, since I'm pretty quick with the plain old text mode debugger).
As Greg points out - you are pretty limited in what you can do with it - it's great for external tasks and the like, but it's a bit of a pain for CGI tasks. The place where I usually run into problems is in code that executes during workflow compilation, and it's no help there. It can be helpful for debugging presentation templates though, because you can run iwpt_compile.ipl through the debugger and really get a good look at what's happening.