Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IWDatacapturegetRootItems Function in Teamsite 6.o
pacer11
Has anyone had any success using the getRootItems() function in Teamsite 6.0?
I had the following code and it worked fine in Teamsite 5.5.2 but doesn't work now, it gives me a Server 500 Error. I commented out everything and narrowed it down to when I assigned IWDatacapture.getRootItems() to topLevelItems. I am running Teamsite on Solaris.
function checkWellFormed()
{
var parameters = new Object();
var identifier;
var server = window.location.hostname;
var topLevelItems = IWDatacapture.getRootItems();
// var topLevelItems = IWDatacapture.getItem("/Header GrpA Image").getValue();
alert(IWDatacapture.getRootItems().length);
for (var m = 0; m < topLevelItems.length; m++)
{
identifier = topLevelItems.getName();
if (topLevelItems.getValue() != null)
parameters[identifier] = topLevelItems.getName();
else
parameters[identifier] = null;
alert(parameters[identifier]);
}
IWDatacapture.callServer("/iw-bin/checkWellFormed.ipl", parameters, false);
}
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
shanon
Can you post what the error is?
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com
pacer11
I have attached a screen shot of what I get, as well as the what the access_logs output.
StoredVariables562.dcpackage.zip
output.pdf
Grundy
I am experiencing the same problem with TS 6.0 on Windows 2000 Server, except that I don't see the error messages.
I'm sure that getRootItems() is the problem though because everything in my script beyond the call to that method simply fails to execute.
pacer11
Yes, actually this is a Teamsite Bug, but don't know the bug number. I had a support case open on this and that's how I found out.
The workaround I had was to default the replicant to min=1, max=1. then wrap the replicant around a simple container and have a radio button dictating whether the container is visible or not...
CEC: IWDatacapture.getRootItems Function in Teamsite 6.0 doesn't work
HTH