Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metadata search in TS 6
gzevin
from the docs I have with TS 6, it says that DAS is still the requirements to do a metadata search.
even if this is the case, the newest Admin guide tells only how to add the search metadata CGI to the *OLD* webdesk pro interface.
Am I missing something? where is the guide on how to configure this in CCP and CCS?
Also, based on what I heard from TS 6 launches, the impression was that Data deploy is no longer needed for MD searches. Am I missing something here as well?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cliff1
It doesn't look like anyone every replied to this post. The metadata search solution has not been updated for TS6. The old solution still works, but it is not available from the new user interfaces. The primary reason why it only works in the old interface is because the logic to run the query and display the results is built-into the WebDesk Pro CGI. There has been lots of activity on developing a new/better solution but nothing that was ready to release with 6.0 (or 6.1).
gzevin
I had an reply from Interwoven when I asked the same question via e-mail.
they just confirmed what you've just said.
and I think this is extremely worrying - one should not release he market on ta product that is not ready 100%. I understand about the shareholders, but still....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU