Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Perssn who has created a branch has left
Hazzie
We have just had occurrence where a person who has created a few branches has left our company. There NT user id has been deleted and in Teamsite what I presume is the SID for the user id has now appeared against the owner of the branch
To be honest its not something we have even thought about so has anyone else experienced this and has it caused any problems?
Thanks.
Hazzie
TS 5.5.2 on NT.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
Hi Hazzie,
It shouldn't cause any problems I don't think - it hasn't in my experiences.
You can fix it using iwidmap. You can remap that SID to another user. Then reboot the server and the branch should then show up as owned by the othe user.
Hope this helps.
Jeremy
Hazzie
Thanks.
Hazzie
TS 5.5.2 on NT.
Adam Stoller
Actually, I believe that using iwstoreadm to deactivate and reactivate the store will put the changes to the iwidmap into effect - without requiring stopping / starting the TeamSite server and/or rebooting the machine....
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Jeremy
Thanks Fish.
I have been looking for an easier way of getting the changes of iwidmap into Teamsite. It does not mention doing that in the section for the iwidmap.
Will keep it in mind.
Adam Stoller
I remember seeing it in the documentation on using iwidmap in the conversion [from 5.0->5.5.2] documentation (after I rebooted the machine ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I've a similar problem. I'm using TS 5.5.2 on Win2K in a clustered environment (where only 1 out of the 2 servers active at a time).
When I created the branch, it was using the admin acct on one of the clustered machines (server1\administrator). Now when server1 is down and the TS moves to server2, I see the branch owner as S-1-5-21-220523388-725345543-2078577914-1006.
To avoid this, I want to assign all the resources (branches, workareas,folders, files) belonging to server1/administrator to a domain account (mydomain\ts_admin) which is visible on both the clustered machines.
Can I use the iwidmap command to change ownerships of all these resources?
TIA
-Ashish
Jeremy
^Hi,
Yes you can use the iwidmap command to change all files/branches/workareas etc owned by one user to another user.
See the documentation, but I think it is something like this :
iwidmap -u -a -c server1/administrator mydomain\ts_admin E:/iw-store/default
I think something like that might do the trick with an iwstoreadm -d afterwards to deactivate then iwstoreadm -a reactivate the store.
Hope this helps.
Jeremy