Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6 domain list
msrich
W2K TS 6 + jumbo patch
In TS 5.x, we were able to set variables in iw.cfg so that our login domain list contained only our domain name -- not the name of the TeamSite server itself.
In TS 6, even with just our domain name as the value for both domain_list variables in iw.cfg, the TeamSite server name appears in the login domain list, and it's the initial default.
Any ideas on how to either remove the TeamSite server name from the login domain list or get our proper domain to be the initial default?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
I'm facing the same issue. I requested a default domain in a feature request of
mine
(last item). I would suspect that a lot of people only have one domain to authenticate against so it is useless to show more (i.e. the TS server) when it won't be used.
Migrateduser
Hey guys,
So I've been harassing the developers about getting to the bottom of this and I have some good news for you. (Well good news in my opinion, I may get hammered for this, but who knows).
The config for controlling the domain list in WebDesk Pro defined in iw.cfg, which was the domain_list variable in the [iwcgi] section works for WebDesk Pro only in TS 6.0. This variable is outlined on page 42 of the TeamSite 6.0 Admin Guide for Windows.
However, for CC-Pro and CC-Std, we've consolidated this available domain list with the config used by the server to determine what domains to validate the user against. So to restrict the list of domains listed in the CC-Pro/Std login page, simply put this list in the domain_list variable in the [iwserver] section of iw.cfg. This is outlined on pages 59-60 of the TeamSite 6.0 Admin Guide for Windows.
Thanks,
David Yun
Sr. Product Manager, TeamSIte
dyun@interwoven.com
msrich
I have the domain_list set under [iwserver], but I still have the issue. Is there something wrong with how I have it set in iw.cfg:
.
.
.
[iwproxy_access_control_enabled]
[iwproxy_external_remap]
[iwserver]
server_locale=English_UnitedStates.MS1252@Binary;
domain_list=VANGUARD
cachesize=200000
rpc_threadcount=64
fs_threadcount=4
fs_active_area_cache=8
.
.
.
Migrateduser
Did you run iwreset after changing the file?
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
msrich
We've always had the domain_list setting in [iwserver] section of iw.cfg on our Development TS 6 server. (When we built the server, we included iw.cfg specifications we had on our TS 5.5.2 servers.)
We've run iwreset occasionally, and I just ran it again. Server has also been rebooted.
I still see both the proper domain (VANGUARD) and the server name (DSNVA150) in the 'domain' drop-down on the login page.
source.PNG
dest.PNG
Gregg Faus
I'll have to agree with msrich on this one. It will always put the server name as well as any domains you wish to authenticate against in this dropdown. My feature request related to this point -- that you don't authenticate against the server and a domain usually so why have this option available. Just authenticate against the domain automatically and don't show the dropdown.
For the fun of it I was able to hack the CC login screen and accomplish this (did this in 5.5 too). But I would much rather have it supported.
Migrateduser
I've noted this and filed Feature Request 50953.
Thanks,
David Yun
Sr. Product Manager, TeamSIte
dyun@interwoven.com
Gregg Faus
David,
Actually this FR should already be in your system tracked as #50624. At least that is what one of your support engineers told me.
Thanks.