Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem in Deployment
prabs
I have been trying to deploy the contents from ICMS server to the Target server thro' opendeploy.The tasks that are created in the job specification file just hangs up.In the iwtrace.log file I can see errors like "Unable to initialize arena: Shared memory header invalid or corrupt". In the iwjoberrors.log file I am getting errors like "Could not run /app/iw-home/local/bin/iw_workflow_mailer.ipl -f rugcbad1 -v ipt_templating_email -s ICMS%20IPT%20Templating%20Job%20Notification -r rugcbad1 for task 1793; retrying in 1 minute". In this case I believe the externaltask that is created to execute the command iw_workflow_mailer.ipl keeps on retrying again and again. I have already done several deployments from the same ICMS Server to the Target but this time I couldn't. I dont have any clue whether any configuration files are changed by mistake or if it is some OS error.can anyone please look into the problem and come with the answer.I am using Teamsite 5.5.2 and OpenDeploy 5.0
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
What OS are you using ? Looking at the paths I assume its Solaris ?
What is the SP/Patch level of TS/OD ?
Few things you can check/try to narrow down the problem:
From the error message you posted, it appears that TS is not able to execute the iw_workflow_mailer.ipl. You can try to run this from command line while the task is still active. See the Workflow Tutorial for details of how to debug external tasks.
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=48805
Can you run deployments outside of the workflow ? That will help you to determine if the problem is with TeamSite or OpenDeploy. Although from the errors in iwjoberrors seems to indicate that TS is having some memory issues.
Can you run any workflows and perform other normal operation is TS ? (or is it just this deployment failing)
What is the CPU/memory usage of iw processes ?
Do you see any relevant information in iwtrace.log ?
This KB article *might* be relevant:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=50375
Hope that helps
whysguy
I have experienced this in the past and it was related to the TeamSite not having the appropriate permissions to execute the perl script. As I recall, the problem was specifically related to the execution of one of the email scripts provided by Interwoven. Unfortunately I can't recall the specific solution, but I would follow the suggestion posted above. If you can execute the script from the command line, then your problem may likely be related to permissions.
Adam Stoller
How much memory do you have available on your server? How many other applications (besides TeamSite and OpenDeploy) are using that memory on the server?
I'm not familliar with that specific error message, but it sounds similar to the "cannot spawn" error message that occurs when the server cannot find sufficient memory to spawn the externaltask script.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
prabs
I am using Solaris 8 Teamsite SP3.I have spotted the problem and corrected it.The KB article which you suggested(
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=50375
) was very useful in solving the issue.
Thanks for your great help.