Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
dnrDeploymentJob and state=success problem
mamoudou
Hi all,
I am using OpenDeploy Version 5.6.0.0.0 Build 15978 and I have a problem with the sequence of execution:
--------------
<deployment name="MyDeployement" transactional="yes" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="MyDefinition" />
<dnrDeploymentJob location="source" when="after" state="success">
<script cmd="/iw-home/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodstart AnOtherDeploymentFile -k edition=$edition" />
</dnrDeploymentJob>
</deployment>
--------------
Even if the "MyDefinition" deployment fails, the script in the dnrDeploymentJob is executed, what should never hapen.
I put state="success", but in the logfile there is always:
-------------
(2) RunScripts when=client_after_all on state=always
(2) Executed script [/iw-home/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodstart AnOtherDeploymentFile -k edition=STAGING] where [] as [root] succeeded
-------------
How could I have the correct behavior:
if deployment 1 fails, DO NOT run deployment 2?
Note: due to some particular reasons, I have to use dnr for the second deployment
Thanks for your help,
Mamoudou
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
fuzzy
Hi, this is a sample you have closed you executeDeploymentTask \> and should not look bellow
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="Code_Deployment">
<deployNRun >
<dnrDeployment location="target"
when="before"
state="always" >
<script cmd="/....^"
as="root"
where="/tmp"
/>
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
Farzam
ffarzanehfar@yahoo.co.uk
">
ffarzanehfar@yahoo.co.uk
mamoudou
Thanks for your answer.
The problem is there is a GUI that tells the user everything went well for the first deployment (production), just after the end of this deployment, without waiting the second one.
The second deployment (disaster recovery) has to be run, in background.
With your solution, the user has to wait the end of the 2 deployments, before having the message.
In your requirements, it is a "must" to have the message just after the first depl. To do that, I thing I need to use the dnrDeploymentJob.
So the question is still open.
mamoudou
It is an OpenDeploy bug:
"
* Bug ID 38179
dnrDeploymentJob after deploy is always firing reagrdless of
success or failure.
"
Fixed by the following patch:
Patch ID 1325 : OpenDeploy 5.6.0 for Solaris
bye,
Mamoudou