Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Connection to Oracle
pedamale
Hi,
I am finding this curious error when i open a dcr from template.
An exception was thrown: DBI->connect failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed (SQL-IM004)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1) at d:\Interwoven\Teamsite\custom\bin\scripts\callouts\owner_list.ipl line 13
The error is when I am trying to connect to an oracle database, using ODBC.
The connection to a MS Access DB works without any problem. The same ipl works fine when executed from the command line.
Can someone throw some light on this ?
Pedamale
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
"The same ipl works fine when executed from the command line."
This almost always comes down to a difference in the environments. I haven't seen this specific error, but I'd be willing to bet that it will come down to an environment variable (or 2 or 3) that are set from the command line context, but not from an inline or callout context (which is this, BTW?)
To diagnose, put some logging (to a debug file) into your script that prints out all of the environment variables. Then, run the script both from the command line and from the template. Compare the two debug files, and see what's missing in the template run.
HTH,
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
pedamale
That was a useful suggestion. I am getting totally different set of environment variables and values when i run the script from command line prompt and from the teamsite inline command. Apparently, I need the ORACLE_HOME to be available, which can be seen from command line and not from the inline command.
How do I make this variable be available to the ipl when invoked from inline ?
Thanks and regards,
Pedamale
Adam Stoller
Either set it explicitly within your inline script, or explicitly pass it through the interwoven web daemon by modifying the http.conf.template (there are other posts regarding this in these forums - you should be able to find more detailed information if you search for it)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pedamale
Thanks for the suggestion,
The ipl worked after adding the following lines,
$ENV{ORACLE_HOME} = 'D:\oracle\ora92';
$ENV{PATH} = 'D:\oracle\ora92\bin';
$ENV{SYSTEMROOT} = 'C:\WINNT';
Thanks,
Rajesh
RonaldV
I had teh same and for me a reboot did the trick.
We had just before installed the ora-client but had not rebooted. The install modified the path-var which was picked up by a new cmd-window but not syste,-wide.
After a reboot it worked.
Ronald
TS65 Sp1
Win2k Sp4
OD602