Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
email problems in workflow
skip11
TS 55.2sp2b, Solaris 8.
Email in our workflow has stopped functioning, and after a careful analysis I believe I have found the culprit. Email to domain.com is now blocked, and eveyone must use newdomain.com. I see in the backing store the contents of the email_map.cfg which still contains domain.com and believe this to be casuing the failure (sendmail is defferring the mail) Rigorous tests of command line sendmail show that the mail subsystem is functioning correctly.
First, can anyone concur that the old domain in the backing store is cauing the mail failures, and second, how to fix it ?
thanks in advance,
Ralph Barger
Credit Suisse TOP
Zurich, Switzerland
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi Ralph
Perhaps I have misunderstood something in your post but couldn't you simply update your email_map.cfg and change domain.com to newdomain.com as appropriate?
Also in your iw.cfg you can set a default mail domain which is used (I believe) when you don't specify a domain in email_map.cfg or if the user is not in email_map.cfg at all.
I hope this help, apologies if I have misunderstood your problem.
Cheers, Michael.
skip11
Michael,
the email_map.cfg was certainly updated. I was under the impression that the maildomain tag in iw.cfg pertained to the domain the mail server resides in.
Is this accurate ?
thanks,
RB
Adam Stoller
maildomain in iw.cfg is the string to slap on a userid (after an '@') if there is no corresponding fully-qualified (with '@') email address for the same userid in the email_map.cfg file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Michael
Hi Ralph,
Sorry, I am a little confused -- you said that "I see in the backing store the contents of the email_map.cfg which still contains domain.com and believe this to be casuing the failure "
Where/why in particular would email_map.cfg be in your backing store? Wouldn't it usually be somewhere like - iw-home/local/config/wft/email_map.cfg?
Perhaps you could provide some further details to clarify? Do you mean that workflows which are already instantiated are still using the old values from email_map.cfg?
Cheers, Michael
skip11
I was fooled by this. the email_map.cfg is in the backing store due to the fact that it is in a techincal branch we use for admin and is thus in an EDITION. It has nothing to do with my mail problem. Sorry for the confusion.
RB
skip11
resolved. By fiddling witha combination of vaules for maildomain and mailserver in iw.cfg, I have resolved this problem. thanks to all to commented.
RB