Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
viewing non-HTML files from within TS 6.0
Grundy
Hi all,
I just upgraded from TS 5.5.2 to 6.0 on a development server. OS is Win 2000.
Under 5.5.2, I had taken steps described in KB article 45837 to allow Word docs, PDFs, etc to display directly in a new browser window when viewed from TeamSite. After the upgrade, I'm back to seeing the message which says these files cannot be displayed and giving me the option to download them.
The html.handler file which I modified to bypass this message under 5.5.2 seems to be gone. Anyone know how to make the equivalent change under 6.0?
Thanks,
Nutt
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
RTFM: In the TS 6.0L Administrator's Guide around p. 40
RTFM: In the TS 5.5.2 Administrator's Guide around p. 54
The latter provides better examples.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Grundy
Perhaps I am blind or slow, but I cannot find anything on these pages (or elsewhere in the manuals) which tells me what I need to know. I will try to re-state the question and see whether that helps.
What I am trying to do is have SCE (aka VisualPreview) bypassed for certain MIME types so that files of these types may be served directly to the client browser. Otherwise, the browser displays a message like this:
File filename.doc of type application/msword cannot be displayed in the browser window. You can download the file to your local system, or you can perform any of the standard VisualPreview actions using the toolbar.
The sections on configuring TeamSite in the manuals show how to turn off SCE altogether, but far as I can see they do not show how to bypass it for specific MIME types. The KB article I mentioned in my previous post showed how to do this under 5.5.2, but the file it mentions is not present under 6.0.
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure about mime-types - that might be a problem - the configuration allows you to disable the SCE for paths and/or file extensions - and since PDFs generally end with ".pdf" and Word files generally end with ".doc" - you should be able to use the regex's to disable the SCE for files with those extensions.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Rajib
Here you go: to allow viewing of say - PDFs in a virtualized view without having to *download* the PDF; add the following to your iw.cfg file:
[iwproxy_smartcontextedit_allowed]
_default=yes
_regex=.*\.pdf=no
hope this helps,
Rajib
Grundy
Ok, we're on the same page now. You and Rajib are suggesting the same workaround, and that will probably do the trick for us.
Thanks for your help.
Grundy
Ok, I'm reviving this thread because I've realized there is another issue. I just re-read the section on disabling VisualPreview under TS 6.0 (admin guide, p 42) and realized it actually says we CANNOT disable VisualPreview for specific regex patterns as we could under 5.5.2. Yet I was able to do this in my development environment running TS 6.0 based on the example Rajib suggested earlier. So everything works for now, but...
What I want to know is: why does the manual say I can't do it? Is this deprecated functionality which will go away in later versions? Or does the manual contain a mistake?
If somebody from Interwoven could provide clarification, I would appreciate it. This functionality is important to many of our users, so I would like know whether it will be supported or not.
Thanks,
Nutt
Migrateduser
Hi,
The admin guide I believe is incorrect. It's supported. I will file a bug.
The KB article is invalid. This was never supported. The KB article will be pulled from the support site and a feature request for configuration by MIME type has been filed.
Thanks,
Todd
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK