Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SSI with includes not within a teamsite branch
Piers
Hi. Having trouble with SSI on Windows 200 IIS.
The code in the page within the Teamsite page is as follows.
<!-- #include virtual="/global/include/global.inc" -->
I wish for this folder to come from either a physical directory on the server, or if I have to from a website which could serve up the includes - I have successfully got the remap to go to another branch within teamsite, but I really need it to go outside.
I'm getting stuck with the syntax or if it is possible
Any help much apprecicated.
Thanks
Piers
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Piers
We're running TS6, and I have the SSI dll installed correctly within IIS.
Michael
HI Piers
That should certainly be achievable -- post up your iw.cfg where you have attempted your remap and someone (possibly even me
) will be able to help out.
Cheers, Michael
Piers
Hi.
This part works correct for having the content within a different branch
[iwproxy_plugin_remap]
_regex=^.*/(x-objects-new/.*)=/iw-mount/default/main/codeweb/WORKAREA/wa1/$1
However, changing the regex to the following where x-objects-new is a virtual directory set up within iis like iw-mount, does not work - this was just one idea.
[iwproxy_plugin_remap]
_regex=^.*/x-objects-new/(.*)=/x-objects-new/$1
Thanks
test.dcpackage
Michael
Hi
For a similar requirement I have used the following:
[iwproxy_plugin_remap]
_regex=^.*/x-objects-new/(.*)=
http://servername
ort/x-objects-new/$1
Don't forget to restart your web server after you make changes to this section of iw.cfg.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Michael
Adam Stoller
Why would you need to restart the web server after you change the iw.cfg?
I think you'd need to restart iwproxy (either separately or via iwreset -ui) - yes?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
data_charts_st.zip
Michael
I am very reluctant to disagree with you fish but you 'may' be incorrect. My understanding is that the [iwproxy_plugin_remap] section is used by the isapi.dll, which is used by IIS to handle service-side includes (SSI).
I have tried it out and I only needed to do a iisreset for changes in settings in this section to take effect.
Perhaps the naming of this section of iw.cfg is misleading (or I have configured things incorrectly) as it isn't iwproxy using this section but my customer webserver running on a different port.
Cheers, Michael
Adam Stoller
Oops - my bad - I missed the "plugin" part of the configuration - I was thinking just "proxy". Glad you found the iisreset thing though.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Piers
Thanks Michael, I have tried this and still no joy.
My exact entry is
[iwproxy_plugin_remap]
_regex=^.*/x-objects-new/(.*)=
http://10.50.87.20:82/x-objects-new/$1
the asp page in teamsite references the following
<!-- #include virtual="/x-objects-new/dbconnect/DatabaseConnect.inc"-->
Oh hittitng the server directly for the file works eg.
http://10.50.87.20:82/x-objects-new/dbconnect/DatabaseConnect.inc
I'm thinking that [iwproxy_plugin_remap] doesn't process requests to another server, can anyone confirm or deny this?
Piers
Edited by Piers on 01/29/04 02:54 PM (server time).
rapid
We are trying to do the same exact thing and put the same entries in iw.cfg
Hitting the server directly works, while the include doesn't.
Did you ever find a resolution to this ?
Thanks.