Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to customize the Delete command
gsal
Being new to Teamsite, I've been told that I can extend the functionality of Teamsite commands with my own custom scripts. I want to write some code so when a file is deleted using File>Delete in the Teamsite GUI, a duplicate of the file will also be deleted on another drive.
How do I customize the functionality of the Delete command?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pflory
[This question comes up quite frequently -- I've seen it in devnet , but don't recall how long ago]
If you are on TS 5.x you can remove certain TS menu items and add your own. Effectively replacing the functionality. See the TS Admin manual, keyword custom menus.
If you are on TS 6.x check out the Customization Guide. You can manipulate many/most of the GUI.
Paul
Paul Flory
gsal
Ok, sounds good.
I don't want to completely bypass the TS delete command just in case TS does more than just physically delete a file. Is there a commanline code, or script I can use when I implementing my own delete script?
pflory
You can use the regular del/rm commands for win/unix for workarea files/dirs.
Here are some other commands that mimic what the UI may use for other items:
iwrmwa
iwrmed
iwrmbr
You could add your own custom menu item to call your own script to handle
files however you need.
The above does not represent the entire spectrum of possibilities, but should help
kickstart some ideas for ya, I think...
Paul Flory
StoryTeller_ANZ_Standard_Invoice.zip