Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metadata Captuer in TeamSite 6.0
AlanChu
Anyone knows how to customize the Metadata capture form in TeamSite 6.0? I want to add a call-out or to be able to make database calls in the datacapture.cfg of metadata task.
I tried to use <call-out> tag defined in template datacapture form, but it doesn't work in metadata. Is there a way to do it or there is no way?
What I am trying to accomplish is to display a list of approvers dynamically and publish date, etc in the metadata task. I'd also like to call-out a webpage, which contains an Microsoft ActiveX control that will return a file to be attached in the workflow. Is it possible or right place to do it?
Thank you very much.
Alan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You can use either cgi or inline callouts. Here is an example of a cgi with field validation:
<item name="Date">
<label>Date Article Should be reviewed</label>
<database data-type="DATE" data-format="yyyy-MM-dd" />
<text maxlength="10" required="t" validation-regex="^[0-1][0-9]\/[0-
3][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$" >
<cgi-callout
url="/iw-bin/z_calendar.ipl"
label="Choose Expiry Date After Which This Article Should Be Reviewed"
window-features="width=200,height=230,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=
no,titlebar=no"/>
</text>
<description>This determines what date this article should be reviewed b
y Oasis approvers in the future. For example an article that you think will not
be valid in 3 months should be set for 3 months out.</description>
</item>