Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Content Services 2.0 documentations for .Net
AlanChu
I am looking for documentation for CS2.0 for MS.Net. The only example that I can find is GetBranches. There is documentation for Java, but I can't find anything for .Net or how to use it in SOAP.
For example, do I need the factory object in .Net? if so, where is it?
Has anyone implemented CS2.0 in .NET? Are there any challanges?
Thank you.
Alan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
There are some articles here on DevNet about implementing with .net
this article may be helpful
http://
>http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/50399
lissa
AlanChu
I have seen the document already. It is the ONLY document that I can find related to .NET, and the only thing it has is getBranches. I am more looking for a whitepaper like documentation. Is there a good thorough API documentation? I also read the CS SDK Coookbook, it has more in-depth information, but still very high-level. In addition, it only demonstrates a few interfaces and is for Java. For example, I cannot find the factory interface in .NET. I assume, .Net uses different technique to establish the connection.
The things that I am looking for are: how do I schedule deployment and open-transform using CS2.0? More in-depth workflow management or job/task creation using CS2.0.
The biggest problem that we are having in our environment is that every time we schedule a deployment or perform any command-line tools; it opens a new JVM, which caused a huge performance problem when multiple workflows are on at the same time. We hope that the TS6.0 and CS2.0 will provide us an entry to work around the command-lines.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Alan
Adam Stoller
I don't believe that CS2.0 provides *any* interface for OpenDeploy - Java or .Net or anything.
However - if you are using OpenDeploy 5.6 SP1 (or greater) you can use the iwodcmd CLT rather than the iwodstart CLT. iwodcmd does *not* create a new JVM for each deployment. RTFM regarding iwodcmd.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
AlanChu
Here is the article about the problem with JVM using command-line.
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=50057
Maybe you can explain the KB, but I have no doubt about it because it's the problem that we are having. We cannot have more then 2 people start a workflow at the same time. Part of the problem is due to our implementation, we customized entire workflow in .NET and use command-lines to achieve it because that's the only API available as no Perl/Java solution at the time. It¡¦s a huge performance issue in Windows environment.
We are really excited to see the SOAP API and incoming sharing JVM solution. I hope that by rasing this issue will help all Windows customers as well. At this point, we are looking into the CS2.0 to see what it can do for us. I am looking for some detailed documentation/Whitepaper about the APIs.
Thank you.
Alan
Adam Stoller
That article was most likely written prior to OpenDeploy 5.6 SP1 - If you haven't upgraded to 5.6 SP1 (or higher) - I suggest you do, and that you read the documentation regarding iwodcmd (as opposed to iwodstart).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com