Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deploy to two databases
System
If I want to deploy my metadata to two databases at the same time - isn't it as easy as having two entries in my database.xml file like the example below shows? or are their other files I need to modify? I'm currently running DD5.6 on Win 2000
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<data-deploy-elements>
<database db="myserver:1521:ext"
max-id-length="20"
name="UseOracle8iOne"
password="h6827RWq1634"
password-encoded="yes"
real-update="yes"
user="myusername"
vendor="oracle"/>
<database db="myserver:1521:ext"
max-id-length="20"
name="UseOracle8iTwo"
password="h6827RWq1634"
password-encoded="yes"
real-update="yes"
user="myusername"
vendor="oracle"/>
</data-deploy-elements>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pflory
Just a thought --
It appears that you've only defined the two *databases* you want to deploy to, but how are your DD deployment configurations defined? You would need more than just specifying the database connection strings.
Paul Flory
Bubas_IWOV
Hi,
What i would propose to you to try is that in the file mdc_dd.cfg(or in the ****_dd.cfg you may be using), under the tag <destinations> instead of setup one single db, setup 2 DBs. This might work , i never seen it done, so if you put it work, please give some feedback. But this would be my first try.
Regards
B
Migrateduser
I'm using UDS with DAS so I'm not utilizing the mdc_dd.cfg file
Migrateduser
You can have 2 destination sections in your deployment or use chained deployments. Using either approach will make your deployments transactional i.e. either all destinations succeed or none (if any one destination fails)