Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD Protocol
Ottawa_IWOV
Hi All,
Does anyone know exactly what protocol Open Deploy uses. I assume it is a proprietary protocol. Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me.
Thanks,
Lucas Cochrane
lcochrane@deloitte.ca
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi Lucas
Good question! I guess that you mean for communication from the Source to the Target. I would guess it is a proprietary protocol running over the TCP/IP layer -- I am presuming that TCP/IP is required although I haven't seen that documented anywhere (pretty academic these days I guess). Seeing as it appears to be Java based they are probably just opening a stream on a socket (or what-have-you)...
If you are using SSL then the stream is encrypted.
There is also mention in the doco about RMI but I am presuming this is in relation to interaction between OD and the Operations Server or TeamSite OpenAPI.
I don't know if this helps as I am not quite sure exactly what your issue is? No doubt Todd will be able to shed some more light on this!
Cheers, Michael
Adam Stoller
Yes - it's a proprietary protocol over TCP/IP that is used for transferring the file data, JavaRMI is used for communications with the OpsServer, AdminServer, ReportDB, etc.
Hence, you only need to have the single TCP/IP port (default 20014) open through your firewall if you want to deploy content, but you need other ports open (for JavaRMI) if you want to be able to administrate the remote machines and/or collect Reporting data from the remote machines. See the section on port configuration in the OD manual for more detail about the various ports.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
This information is also covered in the OD Security DevNet webcast:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/webcasts/index.html#webcast
Regards,
lissa