Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
New Data Record menu item
damitha
I re-installed teamsite 5.5.2 on our development environment and cannot get 'New Data Record' menu item under file menu.
I have a number of DCTs defined and templating.cfg file reflects them.
Do I need to change any other config file (s)?
Could this be a file permission issue?
Thanks,
Damitha
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
Probably a silly question, but did you install the templating component? In 5.5.2, that is a separate install from the main TeamSite installation.
Other basic things to check:
- Does your workarea have a templatedata directory with all appropriate sub-directories?
- How are the templates defined in templating.cfg? Do they have a branch path specified? If so, are you in that branch when you're trying to do "New Data Record"?
If you've already checked these, sorry for asking again, but it helps to verify that its not something simple.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
You may also want to try running the sample templates that ship with Templating. If they work, and yours do not, you'll have a better idea of where to go looking.....
Good luck.
lissa
damitha
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I forgot to install teamsite templating.
I have installed teamsite templating 5.5.2 sp3.
Now I can see the menu item, but when I click on it I get a pop up window with page not found error.
I get following error message on servletd.log file.
2004-01-28 10:45:06 - Ctx( /iw/webdesk ): 404 R( /iw/webdesk + /templating/TmplChooserServlet + null) null
Do I have to manually register teamsite templating web application (webdesktst.war) ? If so, is there a command to do that?
Thanks.
Migrateduser
The WAR file should be installed during the installation process. You shouldn't have to do anything.
have you tried iwreset after the install? Did you install service packs as well as a base install? It sounds like something didn't happen in the right order.
YOu may want to contact tech support.
lissa