Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Stale NFS file handle
skip11
ts5.5.2sp2b with some patches, Solaris 7 Generic_106541-23
running the following find command:
find . -type f
on the NFS mounted backing store (/iwmnt/default or /.iwmnt/default) causes a Stale NFS file handle to be printed to sdtout and the find exits.This always fails after find has accessed 20187 files. I can reproduce this at will. iwfsck with the iw.server down reports no errors.
Does anyone have an indea as to what's going on here ?
Thanks,
Ralph Barger
CS TOP
Zurich
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
skip11
more info. the find fails consistently on the last edition of a certain branch before INITIAL. I removed the edition find complained about, which was the last EDITION before INITIAL, and the find fails now in a different EDITION.
ab.JPG
Migrateduser
But is it still 20187 files before NFS fail? This sounds like something I used to do before learning about some NFS limitations. This was years ago, so the cause is a bit hazy. But IIRC, it was just a matter of running the NFS server out of file handles
Now I use 'iwlist' to get the branches, and narrow down files I'm searching for, from the resulting list. As well as working much more reliably, it's enormously faster. A 'find' through the entire TS server has to hit the same file any number of files as the exact same file might be found in any number of editions and workareas. Reasonably enough, 'iwlist' doesn't appear to have this problem.