Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
"List Modified" does not work
Dick
Hi,
I would like to use the "List Modified" function to show all the modified files/directories in my workarea. However, no results is returned even I have waited for more than 20 mins.
1. Does the function fail because there are too many files in my workarea? (There are >27000 files in the workarea, and ~1000 of which are modified files)
2. Can the "List Modified" function only list the modified files in the current directory and its subdirectories (instead of the whole workarea)?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pflory
Have you kicked the tires of the iwlistmod command line tool?
See the CLT manual (PDF) for your respective TS version.
Elves and ghouls alike are fond of this command.
Let the community know of your discoveries...
Paul Flory
Migrateduser
Not nknowing what platform is hosting your TS server I'm answering based on experience w/TS on Solaris.
1) I seriously doubt it; I've had experience w/WAs containing >32767entries and had 'List Modified' work correectly when ~10K of htose files had been modified.
2) No. 'List Modified' applies recursively to everything subordinate to the directory you're focused on; click on the root of your WA and it applies to the entire WA.
Try the CLT 'iwlistmod' and see what it reports for the same WA. Note that these only report files changed in the WA; not files that are different between STAGING and the WA. 'Compare' or 'iwcmp' will do that. If changed in another WA and submitted, it won't thereby show up in 'List Modified'.
nipper
>1. Does the function fail because there are too many files in my workarea? (There are >27000 files in the workarea, and ~1000 of which are modified files)
Saw this happen before when there are large amounts of modified files. We had 20 K files and about 12K modified. When a user chose list modified on WebDesk, it would take sooo long that it timed out. The only way I knew the problem was that once I let it finish (took 20 minutes) and I saw the problem.
>2. Can the "List Modified" function only list the modified files in the current directory and its subdirectories (instead of the whole workarea)?
Nope. You can use compare, but that will not alow submit.
Andy
Dick
pflory, I tried to execute the iwlistmod on the command line, and it returned a list of modified files/directories. It took me around 3 minutes to get the output file list...
Dick
Hi tgt_usa, my TS server works on Solaris as well.
There are more than 27000 files in the workarea, and around 1000 of which are modified files. The "iwlistmod" works well on the command line; however, when I select the "List Modified" function from the drop-down menu, no results is returned...
Dick
thx nipper,
> Saw this happen before when there are large amounts of modified files. We had 20 K files and about 12K modified. When a user chose list modified on WebDesk, it would take sooo long that it timed out. The only way I knew the problem was that once I let it finish (took 20 minutes) and I saw the problem.
Is it possible for us to delay the time out? Is it a customized parameter?
> Nope. You can use compare, but that will not alow submit.
I tried to tailor-make a script which modified the "List Modified" function to display all modified files in the current directory. But how can I link up the files to the submit button in order to create a job?
Adam Stoller
I tried to tailor-make a script which modified the "List Modified" function to display all modified files in the current directory. But how can I link up the files to the submit button in order to create a job?
Why not make it a cgitask script run as the start task of a job? That way you can list all the modified files as checkbox options (or multi-select list) - and then cycle through them and add them to the task....
I am a bit confused though - I thought you could do Submit from List Modified - isn't that how one submits deleted files normally? (I'm not staring at a UI right now, so I could be thinking of something else).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
The 'List Modified' view does provide submit controls: I frequently submit from the 'List Modified' view.
Migrateduser
With 'iwlistmod' showing a different result than the GUI 'List Modified' view, there is certainly a problem. What happens if you click a renderable file in the WA? Does your web server transfer it to the browser to be rendered or do you get an error?
On one TS server I initially didn't configure the apache service to to be automatically restarted and it was occasionally being killed. This would disable some of the GUI capabilities; though I don't recall it specifically affecting 'List Modified'.
BTW: 'List Modified' returns all files changed in the current WA, not just those subordinate to the selected dir. Rather that's how 'Compare' works.
Dick
hi ghoti,
> Why not make it a cgitask script run as the start task of a job? That way you can list all the modified files as checkbox options (or multi-select list) - and then cycle through them and add them to the task....
Great idea! Would you mind sharing with us how the cgi script works please?
> I am a bit confused though - I thought you could do Submit from List Modified - isn't that how one submits deleted files normally? (I'm not staring at a UI right now, so I could be thinking of something else).
As the "List Modified" function provided by Interwoven does not work in my case, I would like to write a "Customized List Modified" function with the "iwlistmod" command. However, even I can return a list of modified files, I cannot link up the list to the submit button in order to create a job...
Adam Stoller
Why not make it a cgitask script run as the start task of a job? That way you can list all the modified files as checkbox options (or multi-select list) - and then cycle through them and add them to the task....
Great idea! Would you mind sharing with us how the cgi script works please?
Uhm - it works however you write it to work. There's documentation, official and otherwise, available regarding writing cgitask scripts - but ultimately it's up to you to code what you want to have happen the way you want it to happen.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com