Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
create a drop-down list for metadata capture
gsundeep
Hi ,
I am working on metadata capture "datacapture.cfg" file and task is to move "Drop Down" items out of datacapture.cfg file to a text file and use inline callout to read "drop down items" from text file.I need to incorporate this functionality for multiple "drop down" items within datacapture.cfg file i.e i need to create multiple drop-down lists.
firstly, is it possible to use inline callout in metadata capture file ?( I read somewhere in forum that it is not possible for metadata capture file and wanted to make sure)
secondly, if possible than how to go about it ?
I am using Teamsite 5.5.2 Build 20638.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sundeep
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
abhishek_gupta
Hi,
You can use a callout in a metadata datacapture.cfg. Use something like...
<text>
<callout type="cgi" label="" url="ipl file" /> </text>
Hope that helps.
gsundeep
Hi,
Thanks for your help.
I am looking for inline callout and want to have following features:
1) I am able to select multiple items from list
2) The items are non-editable i.e they can be modified only selected
I guess cgi-callout does not perform features.
-Sundeep
tvaughan
Hi Sundeep,
It sounds like you should take a look at the TS Templating Developer's Guide. . . right around page #112 of the version 5.5.2 guide shows you exactly how to do that.
test_project.dcpackage
parsan99
Hi Sundeep
We had to do something similar and we were told that inline's are not supported in Teamsite metadata capture on 5.5.x . I believe its supported in version 6.0 but I havent tried it.
Instead the Interwoven Engineer who helped us with this suggested the following workarounds.
- use Metatagger,
- use CGI callout,
- use CLT iwextattr.exe to set metadata directly on file.
Hope this helps!