Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Kick off a workflow in an ipl file ??
Pratzee
Hi,
I am using team site 6.0
I would like to know if there is anyway to kick off a workflow in an ipl file using a clt ..?
What i want to do is on click of a button in the template ii call a cgi file and which in turn will kick off a workflow .
Any help would be appreciated ...
Thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi
You will be glad to discover that there are indeed command line tools for workflow in TeamSite 6.
Check out the TeamSite 6 Command Line Tools documentation/pdf which can downloaded from the
support site
. On page 66 (of the unix version) it lists the workflow and job tools which you can use.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Michael
nipper
In TS 552 there is iwjobc, you can start looking there.
BTW, the account starting the job requires master access.
HTH
Andy
inputConn.jpg
outputConn.jpg
plt-export.jpg
runtime.jpg
startup-arg.jpg
mangetak
I have invoked jobs from an IPL.
1.- First of all I create the workflow file:
my $var = "/iw-home/local/.../wft/wfb/my_workflow.wft"
2.-You create an instance of the job executing the "iwjobc" CLT, This CLT returns an ID for the job.
my $job_num = `/iw-home/bin/iwjobc $var`;
3.- You execute the instance of the job with the "iwinvokejob" CLT.
qx(/iw-home/bin/iwinvokejob $job_num);
After this, the first task will be activated and send to the user who must own it.
Adam Stoller
If you're using a recent version of TeamSite (e.g. 5.5.2) you can using 'iwjobc -i' and avoid the need to capture the jobid and execute iwinvokejob. However, this can only be run by someone who is in the 'master.uid' file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
LooseCannon
1.- First of all I create the workflow file:
my $var = "/iw-home/local/.../wft/wfb/my_workflow.wft"
Actually iwjobc expects a job spec not a wft
mangetak
Yes, What I actually do is create a define a wft, and before creating/instanciating the job, I parse the file and swat values for user, path to file, etc... as necesary in my script. This way for example, if I want to start a translation job for the content I can throuth cgi choose which person do I want to send the file to and so on.
Sid1
Hi ,
What do you exactly mean by iwjob expects a job spec and not a wft file ? Can you please elaborate more it.
I am trying to use the iwjobc for a wft file, and get the following error when executed from command line :
\Program Files\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\wft\wfb>iwjobc -i CMS.wft
junk after document element at line 271
ERROR:00001: Failure in operation
I am using TS6.5 on Win2K platform.
Thanks
Adam Stoller
This was responded to in
another thread
and for more details RTFM, search the forums, or take workflow training from Interwoven.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com