Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
what is iwdelete?
waldemar
I was trying to delete files on y: (W2k 5.2.2) using the regular dos DEL command - this is all happening inside a batch file that is run by an ipl script (some pseudo-workflow). But it seemed not always those files would get deleted (yes, i locked them before).
Now I found this command IWDELETE for which I cannot really find any comment in the documentation. Does anyone know more about this command? ("delete specified point from backing store...") Could it be this is regular (and working) way to delete anything from that virtual teamsite drive??
waldemar
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
try:
unlink ($filename);
Though I have never used it on a TS object, I use it often on log files
Adam Stoller
Not only will unlink() probably work, the performance will be significantly better than invoking a shell to run a DOS command from within your already existing perl script.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
waldemar
Thanks guys.
Well we found out that running a batch script to do some iw-jobs works much much more stable than relying on teamsite perl which has the interesting habit of crashing (hanging iwperl processes) especially when working on multiple files.
So the batch file has to stay, unlink is unfortunately out the question, but what is this iwdelete for?
waldemar
mgal
iwdelete command line is for internal engineering use and should not be used by customers unless told by Interwoven Support.