Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Co-existence of TS 6.0 with TS 5.5.2 SP3
System
Hi,
I'm planning to install TS 6.0 on my Dev server.
But I dont want to touch my existing 5.5.2 SP2 (neither the application nor the contents).
Is is possible to do so in a clean manner?
I'm using Win2K SP3.
Thanks
-Ashish
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You cannot install two instances (same version or different versions) of TeamSite on a single box. The exception to this is using virtual machines (e.g. VirtualPC from Microsoft [previously Connectix] or VMWare [I believe vmware.com]) - in which the virtual machine has it's own separate OS.
If you only have one server machine and want to play with TS6 without removing TS5.5.2 - invest some money in virtual PC software, or buy another machine. Otherwise you would need to replace/upgrade 5.5.2 to 6.x.
Also note - that using a virtual machine requires an additional licence, upgrading does not.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com