Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Retrieving an asset from the web client
kbaley
Is there a way to launch the MediaBin web client (.net version) from my own web app, select an asset, and retrieve the selected asset ID? It's similar to how MediaBin works with the CMS placeholders but I'm not using CMS so I don't want to call UploadToCMS.asp when I'm done.
Basically, I have a sample page with a LinkButton that says "Select an asset". I'd like to launch the existing MeidaBin web client, have the user select an asset, then retrieve the selected asset in my sample page.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msnider
Since UploadToCMS is an asp page, you can easily rewrite it to peform whatever post processing you need, e.g. posting the retrieved file's path back to a different web form.
kbaley
Doesn't that mean that I can no longer use the MediaBin CMS placeholders? I'd like to be able to allow content writers to use MediaBin but also have my own application that uses the web client (not necessarily the scaled-down CMS web client). Is there a way of making UploadToCMS.asp differentiate 'twixt the different ways it can be called?