Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unix groups permissions setgid
ashokc
Hi,
I am struggling with properly setting up groups, branches/workareas, file/directory permissions, and
the setgid bit. I am running Teamsite 5.5.2 on Solaris 2.8. Here is the scenario.
-> I need different branches for different departmental websites. Each branch is shared by s
eparate unix group created for this purpose. A number of content/graphics providers, and template de
velopers work in each branch. Some people (like the template developers, and graphics providers) hav
e to work in multiple branches, and so they belong to multiple groups. Of course each user also has
a primary group which is yet an another unix group. Additionally, our departments do NOT want their
branches browsable by those who do not belong to the specific group assigned for it. In fact they do
not want the branch to show up on the GUI.
Given that, I have attempted the following solution.
(1) In iw.cfg
branch_security=on
workarea_security=on
branch_default_perm=770
workarea_default_perm=2770
file_default_perm=660
directory_default_perm=770
(2) Further, I updated 'submit.cfg' to preserve (and set those) these above settings prior to submis
sion. The setgid bit has been recursively set for all directories - for preexisting content
(3) I made sure that I have not violated the 16 group limit (for myself & for iwui)
(4) The 'iwui' user belongs to all these groups
The problems I see are
Despite recursively setting the setgid bit for all directories - Teamsite is somehow (can't fathom t
his!) seems to be changing the group to that of the last user's primary group. This is making the re
source inaccessible for everybody else.
I am not sure what I am missing. Appreciate if anyone has suggestions on this. Thank you very much.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet