Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deploy to WebSphere with EAR file
AndyJ
Hi,
I have question about how to deploy the single file from TeamSIte to (WebSphere V5) EAR file which it will replace the one of files exist in the EAR file and replace one file in the EAR file. Is that possible TeamSite can do it??
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Just to make sure I'm understanding...
There is an EAR file on the target. The goal is to deploy a file from the source to the target and insert it into the EAR file, replacing a previous version of that file. Is that correct?
If so, you should be able to run a normal OpenDeploy deployment to move the file from the source system to the target. You can then kick off a DNR task on the target system, which would call the appropriate WebSphere command to insert the deployed file into the EAR file. (Sorry, I don't know what that command would be.)
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
AndyJ
Hi Todd,
Thanks for reply.
That's correct, but If TeamSite can pack the EAR file then deploy to the target (WebSphere Deploy manager). That will be great. Its that possible TeamSite can pack the source files to EAR (WebSphere). Thanks
Edited by AndyJ on 02/09/04 12:54 PM (server time).
issue with doc def.docx
Migrateduser
I don't think TeamSite has a built in facility for packing EAR files. However, it should be possible to call an appropriate packaging tool via TeamSite (perhaps through workflow or a menu item -- I'm not familiar with how to do that). Or you can call a pre-deploy DNR from OpenDeploy that invokes the packaging tool and then deploys the file.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
AndyJ
Thanks Todd