Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DNR on OD Target
System
Teamsite 5.5.2 on Windows
OD Receiver: Version 5.1 on Unix
I would like to have a DNR script that runs on the OD receiver that is able to manipulate all files that were deployed for the given deployment.
My trouble is getting the DNR to see the filelist (files deployed) for the given deployment. I know you can use IWXML to parse the OD memory logs, but is this the only way to view the deployed files, and can it be done from the receiver?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It should be possible for a target-side DNR to see the file list from the in-memory log. Which version of OD are you using? (There's no 5.1 version.)
If you have 5.6, you should consider using the new in-memory manifest format rather than the legacy log format. Both forms are documented in the product manuals.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
My mistake, I have OD version 5.5.1.
Is it possible to see the in-memory logs using GetLogDataFromSTDIN() from the target side (receiver)?
Migrateduser
You should be able to parse the in memory log in OD 5.5.1, but it will be in the legacy format. The manifest format wasn't introduced until 5.6.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
pacer11
Hi,
I am using the example iwxmltest.ipl script that comes with the opendeploy 5.6.0 SP1 release to parse the successfully deployed file entries, but it seems like when the entries are captured in the log file to be written, it displays a file too short.
For example, if I were to select 5 files to deploy, it would only have the last 4 files displayed in the log file captured vs 5 files that were actually deployed. When I go to look in the manifest file, I indeed see 5 files. Also when I run the iwxmltest.ipl script manually passing in the manifest file as standard input the resulting log file captures the correct information.
For some strange reason it only fails to display all files when I execute the opendeploy script with the DNR reference.
Is this a bug??
Any feedback is appreciated
Migrateduser
I haven't heard of that before. You should open a case with Tech Support to see whether they can reproduce the behavior and determine whether there's a bug.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com