Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Do not deletes in OD deleteing more then it should
har
We are trying to use the Do Deletes in OD 5.6. I create a new pathspecification for a specific path and set the do deletes to yes. When I run the OD script, OD deletes files that I did not wanted deleted. The files that it is deleting are not housed in TS and are being placed on the web server from a second source. I am using an exclude path on the target to stop this from occurring for the specific paths
but I can not control the files that are being placed on the server from the second source. Any ideas on why OD is doing this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Be very careful when using filters with the doDeletes option so that you don't accidentally remove the wrong files.
The behavior of filters depends upon the type of deployment you are running - file list or comparison. You might want to review the Filters section in the OD 5.6 Admin Guide (Nov. 2003 edition). There's a table that summarizes filter behavior and the effect of doDeletes (page 148).
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com