Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
default output filename
manugarg
Hi there!
Can we set default output file name for certain data-types or presentation templates?
What I am basically looking for is when a user clicks on Generate button on the data capture form template, it should automatically save the output to a default file.
Thanks,
Manu
TeamSite Template Developer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
At least for pre-6.0 implementations this is generally handled by restricting templating to a workflow-driven activity and disabling buttons like Preview and Generate so that you can only run those command via scripts (or directly from the command line).
I think 6.0 provides some built-in features for naming the DCR, but I'm not sure if it provides anything to help name the generated file(s) - so the above approach is probably still valid.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pflory
Manu,
FormAPI magic might do the job, but what you're asking for is not a standard built-in feature (yet).
A callServer method could run some code to generate the file.
I have filed a feature request for future TeamSite/FormsPublisher versions.
What company is this for? GE Medical?
Regards,
Paul
Toy of the day:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/60b6/?cpg=10133
Paul Flory
manugarg
Thanks Paul,
In fact I was also thinking of implementing it using callServer method of FormAPI. Was just wondering if there is any built-in feature to do the same.
Yes, this is from GE Medical Systems.
Regards,
Manu
TeamSite Template Developer
manugarg
Hi guys,
Now, I am having another problem. 'callServer' is called with user id 'iwui', so file cannot be generated through that id (it returns 'Illegal seek' error).
Is there any way to change that id?
Thanks,
-- Manu
TeamSite Template Developer