Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deploy script with external task
AndyJ
Hi,
I would like to call the ANT script or SH script in deploy CGI script, is that possible to do it? and how?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What deploy script are you talking about?
Provide more context (platform, product versions, UI-context) and maybe someone will be able to answer your question.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
AndyJ
Hi,
We have custom menu using deploy cgi script and generated the OpenDeploy xml file then deploy to the WebSphere App server, I need to add some thing in the deploy cgi script kick off the external script (eg. ANT script or SH script) to deploy to the App Server and pack the file into Websphere EAR file by using ANT script.
Sun OS 8 platform
5.5.2 23679 20030813
IBMHttp Server
Thanks
Adam Stoller
Well, if it's a custom script that's generating a custom deployment config file - I would imagine the answer is "yes - you can do that" - beyond that I'm not sure what you're looking for. We can't tell you how to modify your custom script without seeing the custom script - and/or whether you want to run the *new* custom code on the source side before deployment or on the target side after deployment (or some other combination?)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
AndyJ
Hi
I would like to try the custom code on the source side before deployment. Do you have any sample to do this. Thanks
Adam Stoller
If it's a custom script - you could just do whatever you want on the source side before invoking OpenDeploy.
Alternatively, you could create a DNR script to run on the source side before deployment - and again, it's basically just a matter of writing the script, though I suppose you need to determine what files are being deployed in order to do what you want. If it's a filelist deployment you could include the filelist as a parameter to your DNR script. If it's a TeamSite based or non-filelist deployment - I'm not sure if you can retrieve information about the files to be deployed via the in-memory log before the deployment has occured (though perhaps with one of the trigger points in OD 5.6 it *might* be possible).
Again - if the above doesn't help - you need to provide a lot more information to help us help you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com